Tuesday 13 November 2018

New Book Marketing: Bad Girl Tells All, on Anne R. Allen's blog this week!


I'm on Anne R. Allen's blog this week with a post:
 
New Book Marketing: The Bad Girl’s List for Book Launch Success

(click below this sample for the full post)

By Melodie Campbell

When I was a marketing director, some of us kicked around this saying: We know that half the advertising dollars we spend are wasted.  Trouble is, we don’t know WHICH half.

I liken this to promotion time.  You can spend a pantload of time promoting your books, to the point that you don’t have time to write any new ones.  So how do you make best use of precious time?  

What works and what doesn’t?
This post is about what has worked for me.  But it also illustrates what is done behind the scenes, by my publisher.

But Publishers Don’t DO Anything Anymore to Promote Your Books, Right?  WRONG.

Writing a book is fun.  Sure, it’s a lot of work.  But most writers admit it’s a lot more fun writing a book than marketing it.  I’m fortunate to be with Orca Book Publishers, a medium-large Canadian publishing house.  They do a lot of house promotion of my books.  I regularly hear people complain that publishers don’t do anything anymore to promote your books.  That’s simply not true.  Here, I’ve broken down what they do, and below that, what I do.
WHAT ORCA DOES


No comments:

Post a Comment