Tuesday 14 February 2017

THE BOOTLEGGER'S GODDAUGHTER available starting Valentine's Day!

And it starts and ends with a wedding in the works!




Even old mobsters retire eventually…don’t they?

The Bootlegger’s Goddaughter is book 5 in the award-winning Goddaughter series that Ellery Queen mystery magazine calls “Hilarious!” 

Gina Gallo is a mob goddaughter who doesn’t want to be one.  Her bumbling mob family never gets it right.  This time, she’s getting ready for her Christmas wedding.  But then she’s robbed, cousin Jimmy has a heart attack and someone in the Hammer has hijacked a truck full of booze.  What’s going on?  Gina knows bootlegging used to be a family business, but they stopped that in the 30s.  Didn’t they?

Here’s an excerpt:
Man, I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was get home, have a quick supper and take a long bath. That wasn’t asking too much, was it?
The gods hate me.
“Well, well. Look who’s here,” said a familiar voice.
Crap. It was Spence. The creepy guy who once had a crush on me in high school. Now a cop in The Hammer and my personal nemesis. Could this week get any worse?
“Gina Gallo, the girl with the longest confession. Who just happened to be involved in a gunfight in Hagersville. What a coincidence.”
Gulp. “What are you doing here, Spence?”
“Following up on that gunfight. You were seen. I figured you’d turn up here eventually,” he said.
“What gunfight? Don’t be ridiculous. This isn’t the wild west.” I forced a smile. “Besides, I don’t even own a gun.”
“Then what about these bullet holes here in your fender?”
“What?” I hoofed it around to where he was standing. Holy crap. There were three holes in the back passenger-side fender
 “Freakin’ hell!” I said, throwing my arms in the air. “They shot up my car!” Now I was mad.

Available at Amazon, Chapters/Indigo, Barnes&Noble, iTunes, Kobo, independent bookstores, and all the usual suspects.

Official in-person launch:  March 30th in Hamilton!  All welcome



No comments:

Post a Comment